Questions about the rental program?
Check this page out-
Fall 2015 Rent-to-Own Guidelines
These are the EZ read highlights - see rental agreement for detailed information
- A down payment of $19.99 for flute, clarinet, trumpet, trombone, violin, viola or percussion kit will cover the trial period of 2 months of rent during the fall promotional period.
- A down payment of $39.99 for alto saxophone, $49.99 for cello or oboe, or $59.99 for French horn, baritone horn, piccolo, tenor saxophone, bass clarinet, or string bass will cover the trial period of 2 months during the fall promotional period.
- Starting at the beginning of the 3rd month you will pay: $27.99 per month for flute, clarinet, trumpet, trombone, violin, viola or percussion kit; $39.99 per month for alto saxophone; $49.99 per month for cello or oboe; $59.99 per month for French horn, baritone horn, piccolo, tenor sax, bass clarinet, or string bass.
- Step up instruments are available for great monthly rates as your student progresses.
- Since it is a rent-to-own agreement, 100% of your rental payment goes towards the purchase price.
- There is no obligation to buy. If you do not want the instrument for any reason and return it before you finish paying for it, you have no obligation to pay more, provided your account is current.
- Hopefully your child will continue in band or orchestra and you will keep the instrument, in which case your monthly rental payments will continue to go toward the purchase price.
- To save money, you may choose to take the early purchase option at any time during your payment period. During the first 12 months, this is the total cost, less cost of rental service fee, less total payments made, times 70% ( or 30% discount), plus any applicable sales tax.
- After 12 months a rental service fee is prorated, but all other discounts apply.
- If it fits your monthly budget better, you may choose continue to pay your low monthly rental payments until you pay for the instrument in full, including a cost of rental service fee.
- A Liability and Damage Waiver ( LDW) is highly recommended and is available for a small monthly fee. If you purchase this, we will repair any damage that occurs to the instrument at no additional charge, unless the damage is due to your willful act or negligence. In other words, if the instrument has an accident, or "plain 'ol stops working," we will repair it to good playing condition at no extra charge, excluding cosmetic, finish or case damage. The LDW also protects you in certain cases of theft or fire. See rent-to-own agreement for details. LDW fees range from $6.99 to $10.99 per month depending on the instrument.
- Exchanges are allowed during the trial period and we will transfer your previous payments to the new instrument. You may exchange a fractional size orchestra instrument to larger sizes as the student grows. Other exchange rights may apply after the trial period.
- See the Rent To Own agreement for all details. Sales tax will apply to the monthly rental cost.
- Customer must have a driver's license, State ID, Military ID, or Passport.
- The contract must have the customer name, home address, and at least one phone #.Home address must be a physical address and not a P.O. Box. You may supply your P.O. Box for mailing purposes.
- The customer who signs the contract is the person responsible for the bills.The card given for payment cannot be a gift card, ATM card (a card without a Visa or Mastercard logo), prepaid card, reloadable card, unembossed electronic use only card, or someone else’s ( relative’s) credit card.
- Rentals are available on our website; please call us if you need instructions.
Options for passing the credit guidelines:
- Option 1: The easiest way to rent an instrument is to set up EZ Pay Billing using your credit card or debit card with the Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express logo. In this case, no security deposits or credit check required, some exceptions apply (see ** below.) Your card will be charged once a month and you will have no statement fee.
- Option 2: If you choose not to use EZ Pay, you may pay a security deposit of $125 for flute, clarinet, trumpet, trombone, viola, violin or percussion learning kit (PLK), or $225 for saxophone (see ** below) or others, plus the down payment as previously outlined. The security deposit is refundable upon termination of the rent-to-own agreement, provided all payments are current. Or, you may apply the deposit to the purchase of the instrument. You will receive a statement each month from which to pay for your rental. A $1.50 statement fee will be added to each monthly statement.
- Option 3: You may choose to request a credit check to receive a monthly statement, which will include a $1.50 statement fee. This is a quick process which can, in many cases, be done while you wait. Keep in mind that you may be requested to pay a higher security deposit if your score is less than perfect, and you cannot go back to the lesser amount stated in #3. You will still be required to provide a credit card on the contract as security for past due balances, or a deposit as described above.
**A Credit check may be required for any instrument other than a student line flute, clarinet, trumpet, trombone, string instrument, or percussion kit. A credit check is required for all saxophone rentals.
Don’t forget – You get a 30% discount for paying off early, but even though you are doing a rent to own, you are not obligated to buy the instrument. If you need to return the instrument during the rental period for any reason, call Stone Cottage at 828-456-4880 to arrange for a return. Do not just leave it at the school. The renter is responsible for caring for and paying all monthly fees until the instrument is returned.You must have a current phone number and a state issued driver's license or ID.